Monday, January 26, 2015

Symbaloo

This is just a small mention for a BIG site- Symbaloo.  I am constantly changing/rearranging/adding to my Symbaloo page.  Basically it's a huge bookmark bar for some really amazing sites.  Here is just a small bit of my finds so far.
My Symbaloo page so far. Many of the icons come already set on the page- I've deleted several to make room for some of the programs I use in my classroom.  Like I said, it's a work in progress...but I have come across this GREAT resource...
This is NatGeo Kids- all these books right in one place for the kids to use for research, reading practice, or just simple learning and entertainment!  These books are amazing, and with Common Core requiring more and more non-fiction text, this resource is absolutely perfect for my 1st graders.
One example page...the site will read the text to them and highlight the words as they go, so students can follow along.

I was only introduced to Symbaloo this year, and I am still exploring the thousands of resources it has.  It's a great one to centralize all the sites we as teachers consistently visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment